In our earlier post, we have described step by step guide on “how can you link your Aadhaar card to the mobile number?” We have received lots of comments regarding Aadhaar card linking process. So, in order to answer all the questions, I made a separate article where I have added all frequently asked questions and their answers. So guys, scroll down to find your answers.
Frequently Asked Questions: Add Aadhaar Card With Mobile Number
What should I do to avoid disconnection of my mobile number?
- As per instructions of DOT, it is a mandatory to add your Aadhaar number with your mobile connection. If your number is not verified via e-KYC, your services might be restricted after 6th February 2018.
Can I Add Aadhaar with Mobile Number Online Without Visiting Retailer?
- As of now, there is no online process as fingerprint scanner does the verification.
What is the Last Date for Re-Verifications?
- The last date of the e-KYC verification process is 6th February 2018.
How can many numbers from one operator be added to one Aadhaar?
- As of now, you can add maximum 7 mobile connection of each operator.
Is it necessary to open a Payment Bank Account when I link my Airtel number with Aadhaar?
- No, It is not compulsory. The store person will skip this step if you don’t want to open a payment bank.
Is there any fee for this service?
- No, You don’t need to pay fee for the re-verification
My age is below 18 years. Can I add Aadhar with My Operator?
- Actually, the legal age to get a sim card is 18 or above. If your age is below 18 years and has a SIM card then I think you can link your Aadhar.
How to add Aadhaar when I am living Outside India?
- There is no online re-verification process. You have to do this process offline only. So, I think, the telecom company will implement an alternative method for those who are living outside India.
I have already submitted Aadhar card as address proof at the time of purchasing a sim card. Should I do this process again?
- If you have taken your mobile connection via E-KYC mode then no need to visit the retailer.
Is the Aadhaar based e-KYC verification process for all customers?
- Right Now, The verification process is for those who have got SMS. But soon it will be compulsory for all consumers.
I have more than one connections, do I need to provide my biometric every time?
- You no need to provide biometric every time. However, you have to verify your number for all the connections individually using the four digit verification code by visiting the nearest mobile store.
I do not have Aadhaar card. What should I do now to avoid disconnections?
- You should get the Aadhaar card first and then visit your nearest store for verification.
Hope, these FAQ’s was helpful for you to add your Aadhaar card number with your operator Vodafone, Aircel, BSNL, Jio, Airtel, Idea etc. And please share this article with your friends and clear their confusion regarding the re-verification process. If you have any questions, drop your query in below comment box.