Reserve Bank Of India has made it mandatory to link your Aadhaar card to your bank account. We have also written how to go through the linking process in our previous article on HelperBus. But many of you might be wondering how to check if your aadhaar is already linked to your bank account or not. So, in this article, we are going to find that. Let’s get started.
As it is mandatory, if you do not do so, your account will be cancelled, and then you will have to do a lot of things to get back your account again. So, it is better to check it before the last date comes.
How to Check whether your Aadhaar has been Linked to your bank Account?
- First of all, head over to the Aadhaar official website https://uidai.gov.in/
- Then tap on the “Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status” option.
- Here you have to input your aadhaar number and security code.
- Now, you will receive a one time password (OTP) on your linked mobile number.
- Enter it on the website to login.
- Once you are logged in, you can see if your Aadhaar card is liked with your bank account or not.
How To Check Aadhaar Card Linkage Using USSD?
In case, you are out of the internet and want to know it offline. Then this way is for you. This way you can check if your aadhaar card is linked to your bank account using USSD code.
- First of all, take your phone which is connected to your bank account.
- Dial the USSD code *99*99*1#2.
- Then, type in your 12 digit Aadhaar card number.
- Confirm your 12 digit Aadhaar card number again.
- Now, you can see if your Aadhaar card is already linked to your bank account or not.
If it shows you that they are not linked with each other, simply check our previous article where we have described how you can easily link your aadhaar card with your bank account online or offline by visiting your nearest branch.