When you book rail ticket and go to your reserved class seat over Indian Railways, you need to provide your identity proof. But recently Indian Government, in association with Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) launched a mobile based application called mAadhaar app which can be used as your identity proof at the time of having services of reserved class over Indian Railways.
Now Aadhaar card is a very important thing for most of the official works from admission in various courses to book a rail ticket. Aadhaar card is now mostly used as identity proof. So, you can show your Aadhaar card at the time of getting services from Indian railways as your identity proof. But the mAadhaar app lets you carry your Aadhaar card all the time in your phone digitally. And recently Indian Railways permitted mAadhaar as ID proof for travellers.
Table of Contents
Key Features Of mAadhaar App
Below you can see all the key features and benefits of having the mAadhaar app installed on your phone.
- The app lets you download your Aadhaar profile. So you can easily carry your Aadhaar card number with demographic details anywhere.
- You can lock your bio metric data to secure bio metric authentication.
- You can generate a time-based one-time password which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
- Users can also update their Aadhaar profile via the mAadhaar app.
Steps to Use mAadhaar As Identity Proof During Travelling On Indian Railways
- Firstly take your smartphone and make sure that you have been using the same Sim card number which is linked to your Aadhaar card.
- Then download the mAadhaar app from Google Play Store or iOS App Store.
- Install and open the app on your mobile.
- As soon as you open the app, it will tell you to create a password for using the app.
- After creating the password, enter your Aadhaar card number, name, address and other Aadhaar card details.
- Within few seconds, a one time password will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- You do not have to do anything. It will automatically read the OTP.
- That’s it. You have successfully signed up for the mAadhaar app.
- Now, when you travel by Indian Railways’ reserved class, when the TT or any other officials will tell you to show your identity proof, you can simply take your phone, open the mAadhaar app, enter the password and then show it to them as your ID proof.
- These way, you do not need to carry your physical Aadhaar card.
Now in many cases, you might not have a linked number with your aadhaar card. And you can’t use the mAadhaar app. Then please visit your nearest Aadhaar enrollment centre or mobile update end point with your Aadhaar card. They will link your given phone number with your Aadhaar card so that you can then use this number to get the one time password during the sign-up process of the mAadhaar app. Hope you guys liked the article. Stay tuned to get more stuff like this.