Recently, the Reserve Bank Of India has made it mandatory to link your aadhaar card with your bank account. If you do not link aadhaar card with your bank account, then it will get cancelled. So, now you can understand how important it is. In this article, we are going to describe the whole process of how to link aadhaar with bank account online or offline.
Most of the banks such as State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, HDFC, Citi bank, etc. already started sending SMSes to the bank account holders to link their Aadhaar card with their account. And for new users who will create new bank accounts in future, will have to submit their Aadhaar card copy as a document at the time of account creation. So, slowly slowly, Aadhaar card is becoming the most important document for every type of official work.
Table of Contents
How To Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account Online?
Remember, though it is the easiest way to link your aadhaar with your account, in order to do it online, you must have internet banking activated for your bank account. Otherwise, you have to do it offline. As of now, we confirmed that SBI and ICICI banks are providing this option. But you can also try it if your bank is different.
- First of all, visit your internet banking website.
- Log in to your internet banking account.
- Head over to the “Update Aadhaar Card Details” or “Aadhaar Card Seeding” section.
- Fill up the field with your Aadhaar card details and submit.
- Then confirm the data you entered again and submit it.
- That’s it for you. Now the bank will see if your information is genuine or not.
- They will take some days to link your Aadhaar with your bank account.
- Once it is done, you will receive an email & SMS regarding the confirmation.
Also Read: Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number
Offline Method For Linking Aadhaar Card to Bank
This is also easy. But here, you have to visit your nearest bank branch to submit the form. Just follow few simple steps given below to link your Aadhaar card to your bank account offline.
- Firstly, download the Linking Form, or You can collect it from your Bank
- The file will be in PDF format.
- Print it out and get the hard copy.
- Now fill in all the details carefully.
- It will ask for your account no, IFSC, Branch name, address, etc.
- Then also write down your Aadhaar card number.
- Get a xerox copy of your Aadhaar card and attach it to the form.
- Then take it with your original Aadhaar card.
- Submit the form and xerox copy to the bank.
- They may see your original Aadhaar card for verification.
- Your work is done here! Now it will take few days.
- Once it is linked to your account, you will get the confirmation message.
Also Read: Link Aadhaar with PAN
Hope you guys liked this article about how to link your aadhaar card with your bank account online and offline. If you still have any question about this, you can ask in the comment section below.