Recently, releasing secure https option for Blogspot blogs is a big update from google to Blogspot users. In September 2015 google’s blogger developer team announced this update. After that announcement google is taking new small updates to fulfil the security of the Blogspot blogs using https.How to Redirect From HTTP to HTTPS?When this https option just started, there was a enable/disable option, but from yesterday, blogger development team made it additional for all Blogspot subdomain users. For this, you can now see URL with https protocol in all blog spot subdomains. But to see this in your browser, you have to redirect your Blogspot subdomain from HTTP to https. This option also has been added to your blogger dashboard by developers team. So, you can redirect your Blogspot subdomain from HTTP to https without any trouble. And as a bonus, anchor text links in your blog posts, which are in HTTP format, will also be redirected to https. So there is no problem in your internal backlinks.
- At first login to your blogger dashboard.
- Go to Settings > Basic. Now you can see like the following image.
- Select yes and it’s done. Now all your blog URLs are redirected to https.
Table of Contents
Some Problems With HTTPS
With its advantages, there are also some problems with it. Some of the small problems have been already repaired by google blogger team. But still, there are some small problems. But after reading this post you will be able to solve those problems. Now, among all small problems, Mixed Content Error is a big and major problem. But you can fix this by investing some of your time.
What is Mixed Content Error?
Most of the URLs are in https, but some(images, videos, scripts, links, style sheets) are still in HTTP format. As a result of this mixed formats, all browsers cant display all of your blog parts correctly. Excepting this problem, it can harm your blog performance and security and it’s really a big problem for every blogger. These Mixed Contents can be mainly in three parts of your blog.
- In your blog posts and page editor.
- Inside your blogger template.
- Inside the source code of HTML widgets.
How to Fix Mixed Content Error From Blog Posts and Pages?
- Open your old posts.
- Now open source code in post editor by clicking on HTML.
- Now press CTRL+F and search for ‘https:‘
- Replace all ‘https:‘ with ‘https:‘
- At last click on Update button. If there any error happens then it will show a red coloured error message.
- By fixing all red underlined errors, click on Update again.
- Go to Blogger Dashboard > Template > Edit HTML.
- Search http: by pressing CTRL+F from your keyboard.
- Then replace all ‘http:’ with ‘https:’ and save template.
- At last save the Gadgets.
By these above techniques you can fix all Mixed Content Errors from your blogspot blog. As https is important for your blog security, my advice is to fix all mixed content errors by giving some time in it. By this procedure Custom Domain users also can replace http, only from their images. But, as blogger developer team is working from long time in https availability, I think HTTPS feature will soon come for the Custom Domain users.